My proposed projects

There are a couple projects that I potentially see myself working on during the next four weeks.   The conceptual basis pivots between my interest in two main ideas

1. of the "visual trigger" initiating an emotional/psychological response on the viewer, and
2. the psychological and dysphoric experience the viewer is having during that moment.

More about visual triggers and these concepts can be read by clicking to my introduction page.  And, on the internet, a few explanations help to explain the terms and meaning.

HERE and HERE

I would like to work with laser cutting to create lenticular prints.     Lenticular prints can be printed on plastic to look like a holographic image or also made manually by cutting images (usually in strips) to reveal two images.  Here is a short animation explaining the process and structure.



However, my prints will be extracted using op-art patterns that I am creating in Adobe Illustrator to dissect the images.  The laser will then cut the images and I will place them on new backgrounds. Here are a few ideas I have quickly "sketched up" in Photoshop as a mock up to the real prints I'll be making.   I do not own the rights to these images, and they are only being used to visually explore the potential aesthetic results of the finished product.  Please do not download or share these images in any way.









The second project I'll be working on involves a video installation.  The video installation will be formatted with potential to be projected on four walls, and in a seven monitor A B A B A B A format for my final night at SVA and during the open studios.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Metals

Day 1_Continued